WordPress website maintenance
The Ethical Agency are WordPress website design specialists – WordPress is used by 40% of all websites globally.
WordPress is constantly updated as a platform and provides for thousands of plug-ins to enhance/upgrade/expand your website’s capabilities which makes it a suitable choice in relation to scalability.
WordPress is also very well suited for responsiveness – providing for seamless user experiences on mobile and tablets as well as Desktop computers and laptops.
With contiguous updates and changes to browsers and browser standards, and CMS platforms that are regularly updated, this helps to really extend the longevity of your site, making it much more forwards compatible and responsive than traditional hand-coded websites could ever be – for literally a portion of the effort (and cost).
WordPress provides for an intuitive CMS (Content Management System) which is well known globally by clients needing to edit aspects of their website. Not every aspect of the site will be editable by the client. We can provide training for WordPress editing.
Being WordPress specialists we are able to provide your website with ongoing best practise improvements through ongoing discovery, research and implementation from all other ongoing projects.
You can feel rest assured that WordPress development is widely practised should the need arise to change suppliers.
Monthly wordpress maintenance plans
Websites are like cars with thousands of moving parts that connect in the back-end to make your website work well. Just like cars – we undertake mandatory one hour per month maintenance on all websites produced by TEA.
The reasons for maintenance are two fold:
- A WordPress website is made up of the WordPress platform, PHP framework, theme, and plug-ins. These four elements are continually being updated and it is essential to update these all regularly and together to ensure compatibility.
- In addition as a result of WordPress being the most widely used platform on earth, it is also the most susceptible to hacking. It is therefore essential to keep WordPress, the theme, and plug-ins up to date to mitigate security threats. A hacked website can have a costly effect on your brand’s reputation as well as be a potentially expensive exercise to fix.
Our WordPress maintenance plans are a fixed monthly cost to ensure the software behind your website is secure, compatible and up to date.
Our monthly WordPress maintenance plan includes:
- WordPress core software updates when applicable
- WordPress plugin updates when applicable
- PHP update when required
- Theme updates when applicable
- Security scan
- Uptime monitoring
- Monthly backups
- Website speed optimisation scan
- Maintenance report