The Ethical Agency’s sustainable and ethical policy
When the default is doing good
We are changing. The world is changing. The balance of power is shifting. By changing our perspective of what we were taught and opening up our minds to the ‘real’ truth about most things, we can start to make decisions that positively impact our own lives and the lives of those around us.
It’s difficult to wade your way through all the fake news and misinformation. There are a few things we do know – eat natural, drink water, exercise. Care for people, care for animals and our environment – these actions make us happier. One thing is certain, continuing to take from the planet in the way that we are currently doing is not sustainable. The well will eventually run dry and we need to act as a civil society before it is too late. We need to be constantly thinking about how we can reduce waste, reduce harmful practices and give back where we can.
What does it mean to be ethical?
Being ethical means that our business dealings are driven by the desire to be honest, work with integrity, transparency, professionalism, and making the least environmental impact. We also do not intend to come across as judgemental – everyone has traveled their own paths, this is the path we are on and hope that through our actions, others might follow. You can find our commitment to our ethical and environmental policies below.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”Margaret Mead
adjective eth·i·cal \\ ˈe-thi-kəl \\
1. Pertaining to or dealing with morals or the principles of morality;
2. Conforming to accepted standards of conduct ethical behavior;
Our environmental policy sets out our existing efforts at environmentally-conscious practices.
- We use ethical suppliers where possible and avoid companies with poor environmental records.
- We encourage people to use ethical suppliers as listed on our ethical suppliers page.
Should you know of such suppliers, please feel free to suggest them for this list.
- We host our websites (and email) on servers powered by renewable energy servers, a service we provide to all our clients.
- We have switched our daily search engine from Google to Ecosia. For every 45 online searches we make, Ecosia plants a tree, paid for by their advertising. Currently, we are helping to plant about 3 trees every day and we are encouraging as many people as we can to do the same.
- We maintain a responsible [zero] waste office environment through recycling, composting and the production of eco-bricks.
- We keep energy use low by continuing to turn off equipment/ lights when not in use.
- We keep our water usage to a minimum and recycle as much water as is possible through a greywater system.
- We have reduced our paper usage and only print when absolutely necessary.
- Through remote working practices, we have reduced the use of transport for business.
- We buy products with none or the least amount of packaging.
- We eat a mostly plant-based diet.
- We use natural and environmentally friendly cleaning and office products.
Our ethical policy sets out our existing efforts at ethical practices.
- Kindness. Be nice.
- Integrity. Be honest and ethical in our conduct.
- Proactively promote ethical behaviour through all business dealings.
- Work in a responsible way that is not harmful to people, animals, and the planet.
- Promote animal welfare and prevent cruelty to animals.
- Use methods of working which are beneficial to the environment.
- Rally against discrimination.
- Support equal pay for women.
- Support local trade.
- Deal fairly and honestly with customers, suppliers, competitors and employees.
- Provide accurate information.
- Comply with applicable government laws, rules and regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information entrusted to us.
- Accept responsibility for preventing, detecting, and reporting all manner of fraud.