The Ethical Agency’s sustainable and ethical policy
It’s difficult to wade your way through all the fake news and misinformation. There are a few things we do know – eat natural, drink water, exercise. Care for people, care for animals and our environment – these actions make us happier. One thing is certain, continuing to take from the planet in the way that we are currently doing is not sustainable. The well will eventually run dry and we need to act as a civil society before it is too late. We need to be constantly thinking about how we can reduce waste, reduce harmful practices and give back where we can.
What does it mean to be ethical?
Being ethical means that our business dealings are driven by the desire to be honest, work with integrity, transparency, professionalism, and making the least environmental impact. We also do not intend to come across as judgemental – everyone has traveled their own paths, this is the path we are on and hope that through our actions, others might follow. You can find our commitment to our ethical and environmental policies below.
adjective eth·i·cal \\ ˈe-thi-kəl \\
1. Pertaining to or dealing with morals or the principles of morality;
2. Conforming to accepted standards of conduct ethical behavior;
Our environmental policy sets out our existing efforts at environmentally-conscious practices.
- We use ethical suppliers where possible and avoid companies with poor environmental records. We encourage people to use ethical suppliers as listed on our ethical suppliers page. Should you know of such suppliers, please feel free to suggest them for this list.
- We host our websites powered by renewable energy, a service we provide to all our clients.
- In addition our websites are routed through CloudFlare which is a carbon neutral organisation.
- We use the Google eco-system in the running of our company which has been carbon neutral since 2007.
- We offset the company’s carbon and purchase renewable energy from Darling Wind Farm to offset the company’s electricity usage.
- Where possible we maintain a responsible waste office environment through recycling, composting and the production of eco-bricks. We consciously purchase products with none or the least amount of packaging.
- We keep our water usage to a minimum and recycle as much water as is possible through a greywater system.
- We have reduced our paper usage and only print when absolutely necessary.
- Through remote working practices, we have reduced the use of transport for business.
- 50% of the company eats a plant-based diet.
- We use natural and environmentally friendly cleaning and office products.
Our ethical policy sets out our existing efforts at ethical practices.
- Kindness. Be nice.
- Integrity. Be honest and ethical in our conduct.
- Proactively promote ethical behaviour through all business dealings.
- Work in a responsible way that is not harmful to people, animals, and the planet.
- Promote animal welfare and prevent cruelty to animals.
- Use methods of working which are beneficial to the environment.
- Rally against discrimination.
- Transforamative hiring policy
- Support equal pay for women.
- Support local trade.
- Deal fairly and honestly with customers, suppliers, competitors and employees.
- Provide accurate information.
- Comply with applicable government laws, rules and regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information entrusted to us.
- Accept responsibility for preventing, detecting, and reporting all manner of fraud.